Midlands CIE (Commercial Information Exchange) is an online property service where commercial brokers in Nebraska post listing information about properties for sale or lease. It is designed to benefit commercial brokers by networking them together to increase the efficiency of the selling, buying and leasing process, and to provide a single point-of-entry for commercial listing information.
Online exposure is crucial to successfully market commercial listings to the appropriate audience. Midlands CIE provides a single-point-of-entry that transparently places each listing in the system on three partnering web sites:
A fast-growing national site that includes real-time listing information across all 50 states. The REALTORS® Commercial Alliance (RCA) is the commercial division of the National Association of REALTORS®.
A national site that includes information on over 6,500 communities. Utilized for statewide development by the Nebraska Economic Development Department.
A web site designed for the commercial site selector looking at Lincoln. Merges real-time listing information with city demographics and spatial information.
Effort is also being made to syndicate the listings onto additional public-facing web sites willing to accept commercial listings in real-time utilizing a RETS interface from Midlands CIE.
Broker advantages of the Midlands CIE service:
- Cost to subscribe is less than the price of a newspaper ad, yet provides multiple web site exposure for all of your listings with unlimited photos.
- REALTOR® membership is not required – open to all commercial brokers in Nebraska.
- All licensees in a firm are not required to participate.
- Subscribers voluntarily post listing information.
- System does not include a unilateral co-op compensation (as with the MLS format).
- Subscribers set their terms of cooperation independently with each other.
- System becomes the single-point-of-entry for a subscriber’s listings to appear on multiple public-search web sites giving the broker one-stop control for price changes and information updates.
- System provides a no-cost “smart-framed” solution to display a public search of available commercial properties directly on a subscriber’s web site increasing traffic and potential leads.
- A “RETS” interface is available for brokers wishing to create a custom search of commercial listings on their web site.
- Midlands CIE is working to increase syndication partners for the display of a broker’s listings on third-party web sites where the broker remains in control of the data.
For more information, please contact Michaela Winter (402.441.3624)